Pseudomonas aeruginosa on tryptic soy agar. Cultivation 24 hours at 37°C + 24 h. at room temperature.
Compare P.aeruginosa with S.aureus (yellow colony in detail)
- Basic shape of colonies: circular
- Elevation (cross sectional shape of the colony): raised
- Margin: undulate
- Pigmet production: pyocyanin (blue-green)
- Basic shape of colony: circular
- Elevation: convex
- Margin: entire
- Pigmet production: staphyloxanthin(yellow)
Pseudomonas aeruginosa is often preliminarily identified by its typical odor in vitro. It resembles (in some strains) blooming Philadelphus coronarius (Sweet Mock-orange, English Dogwood), a species of deciduous shrubs in the genus Philadelphus, native to Southern Europe.